Photographer for Hire in Northern Virginia
I serve clients in Northern Virginia providing photography and graphic design. Examples include:
- Individual, Children and Family Portraits
- Corporate Headshots
- Social Media Profile Photos
- High School Seniors
- Family Events
- Town Events
- Political Events
- Small Business Marketing
- Stock Photography
Use them for holiday cards, invitations, photo books, business brochures, business cards, etc. and print them through your favorite online service. Or you can simply upload them to your website, blog or social network and never print them at all!
$50 per digital photo purchased, includes retouching. Photo sessions are typically 1-2 hours. There is a $100 minimum purchase. No sitting fees. In a typical portrait photo session, I take many photos, depending on how many people, poses and outfits you would like to have photographed. But you only pay for what you order. For example, if I send you 100 proofs and you order 5 of them, you pay $250 (5 x $50 each). Additional charges may apply for complex retouching, longer sessions, multiple shoot locations, location fees or travel outside of Northern Virginia. Portraits include families, children, infants, business headshots, profile photos, high school seniors, and more! (Note: I do not provide prints, but can recommend printing services to you.)
Here's how the process works:
- Contact me for a photo shoot and we arrange a date, time, location and specifics of the shoot.
- We have our photo session.
- A few days later (unless I otherwise specify), I send you a link to your proofs online. The link is password protected. Your proofs are available for viewing for 2 weeks. The proofs are unprocessed - i.e., there is no retouching done at this point.
- You order the photos you want through the online ordering system and pay online.
- Once you submit your order, I automatically receive it. Then I get to work on processing the photos that you ordered. This usually takes 1-2 weeks, unless we discuss otherwise. "Processing" means editing, which includes removing blemishes, smoothing the skin, taming stray hairs, etc. If you want something more complex done to the photo, contact me so we can discuss possibilities. There may be extra costs involved.
- Once my edits are complete, I post your photos to Dropbox (an online shared hard drive) and email you a link where you can access them. The photos are in .jpeg format. This is the same digital format that your smartphone creates. From the link, you can download your photos onto your hard drive.
- I send you two .jpeg files for each photo that you order - a big one (high resolution) and a small one (low resolution). You use the big one for printing and the small one for sharing online. For instance, if you want to use your portrait for your LinkedIn profile, you would use the small one. Smaller file sizes are much better to use on the web and you won't be able to tell the difference in quality.
- From there, it's up to you. You can post the photos online, have them printed, share them with family and friends, whatever you'd like.
- I do offer design services if you'd like to do something creative with your photos. See Design Services below for more details.
$150 per hour, 2 hour minimum. You receive all photos from the event, unretouched, in digital format. Additional charges may apply for larger or complex events. Travel and parking fees may also apply. Events include corporate meetings, charity events, stage shows, town activities, school programs, family parties, and more. (Sorry, I do not photograph weddings.)
Please contact me with project details for a quote. Includes product shots, business locations, real estate and more.
You can purchase royalty-free stock photos from my online library for your next design project! Photos are $20 each, all sizes, unless otherwise noted. Use them for web sites, business marketing, personal design projects, or for fine art. See terms and conditions for use of my images.
Media and Design Services:
$20 per hour. Available for photo-based design projects including greeting cards, business cards, flyers, coupons, brochures, web graphics, photo books, slideshows and more. Additional charges may apply for image purchases. I submit the final design to you in digital format that we discuss in advance, and you would place the order for your product, if applicable.
By purchasing digital photos, you are purchasing a license to the image for personal use only. Images may not be resold or used for commercial purposes, except where otherwise noted under the Small Business offering or under a Stock Photo Royalty Free license agreement. All photos remain the property of Leslie Banks Photography.